Why Rescue? Ten Reasons...
1. You can provide expertise in breed recognition to identify purebred cats. Identification as a purebred often makes a difference in how quickly, if ever, a cat is adopted.
2. There are too few Purebred and Breed Rescues and you can provide expertise in dealing with the needs of each breed.
3. Purebred Rescue frees shelter resources for other cats, thus saving lives.
4. Purebred Rescue provides accurate statistics regarding the prevalence of purebreds in shelters.
5. Purebred Rescue prevents the breeds we love from adding to euthanasia statistics.
6. Since many shelters do not spay/neuter cats before adopting them out and their contracts to spay/neuter may be meaningless, Purebred Rescue assures the spay and neuter of the cats and prevents their use by backyard breeders.
7. Many shelters adopt out cats without knowing about the cat's problem behaviors in a home. Rescue allows a period to assess behaviors in a home environment and to remediate problems.
8. A rescue program can be flexible, tailored to the abilities & resources of your group and the breeds you choose to rescue. Without overextending yourself, you can provide a great service. Purebred Rescue is a very positive and productive way to spend your charitable energies.
9. Every rescued cat adopted into a caring home provides the rescuer with an enormous feeling of accomplishment.
10. IT IS JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
|Disclaimer Copyright © 2003-2010 Purebred Cat Breed Rescue Cat Photo Copyrighted © 2003-2010 Melody Amundson|